A Good Starting Point for Your Activities
Whether it's relaxation or recreation, Seven Quails is ideally located near Paso Robles - 5.5 road miles from the center of town and in the geographical center of the wineries be it Paso Robles east or west side, San Miguel, or Templeton Gap. We are also ideally suited for your vacation hikes, olive oil exploration. or art and antique passions.
Need a map to help you get around? Then checkout our helpful Google connection on the How to Find Us page.
Besides Tasting Wine
Paso is no "one trick pony". The wine industry forms the main reason so many people visit Paso and this part of the Central Coast. However, there are many other attractions that merit your interest. So for that day when you need a “breather”, we offer the following suggestions for activities that will not only engage you but broaden your appreciation for Paso and its surrounding communities.
- Why try and beat the pros? Visit the Paso Robles City link for 25 reasons to visit Paso. Go to: http://www.prcity.com/visit/
- Go golfing at nearby executive and public golf courses. They are quite reasonable: http://www.locallinks.com/golf.htm
- Visit Olive Farms – or is it orchards? Get educated then see/taste the difference in the various offerings. Appoints are recommended for all visits:
- Take a tour of Hearst Castle preceded/followed by lunch/dinner in the artist colony of Cambria; Welcome to Hearst Castle
- Hike or bike Montana de Oro State Park and experience midweek solitude (except for the sea gulls); Montaña De Oro - California State Parks of the San Luis Obispo Coast
- Visit one of the three historical California Missions in the area: Mission San Antonio, Old Mission San Miguel or Mission San Luis Obispo; Mission San Miguel; Mission San Antonio De Padua; or Mission San Luis Obispo.
- Go deep sea fishing from Avila Beach (weather permitting); Patriot Sportfishing - Avila Beach or from Morrow Bay at Virg's Landing.
- Visit our local artists gallery (free) which is open Friday thru Sunday – good stuff too – we like more than a few of the artists: Studios on the Park
- Visit a Lavender Farm where everything smells good! Pictures at the Farm
- Bike the back roads of our side of Paso, the West Side (assume when you said bikes you were meaning Harleys, etc. – but you can also take long rides on those leg powered thingies); MapMyRide.com | Find Rides and Cycling Routes in Paso Robles, CA
- Attending cultural events at the Christopher Cohen Center for Performing Arts in San Luis Obispo;
- Want the flavor of a New England fishing pier without going there? Visit the Avila Beach Pier for great seafood, wonderful scenery, hooting of the harbor seals, and a can't be beat smell of Pacific Ocean freshness: Avila Beach Pier
- Like sculpture? Want to multitask? Then taste wine and stroll through one of the most beautiful and unique sculpture gardens in the United States at the same time. We recommend a visit to Sculpterra Winery and Sculpture Gardens. For an intro go to: Sculpture Gardens